Standing together for Ukraine.
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has resulted in over three million Ukrainians fleeing their war-torn country in search of safety.
At Immigrant Services Calgary, we care about people, and we understand how war can affect them. Many of our Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC) team members have firsthand experience fleeing their own war-ravaged homes. We believe that in times of conflict, empathy, kindness, respect, and support are what’s needed.
ISC is working with our community partners on a coordinated effort to support Ukrainian nationals as they arrive in Calgary. Over the last year, ISC has helped more than 1,500 refugees from all over the world. To support our Ukraine response, please consider donating by visiting Immigrant Services Calgary - Donate
Below is a list of other Canadian organizations that are accepting donations:
- Canadian Red Cross - Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal
- Canada-Ukraine Foundation
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress - Calgary Branch
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Canada (UNHCR) - Ukraine Emergency
- UNICEF Canada - Send Help to Ukraine
If you’re in Calgary, you can help Ukrainians as they arrive by supporting some of the worthy causes below:
- If you’d like to donate gently used clothes, household items, or furniture, visit Women In Need Society.
- You can also store household goods in your home and register what you have with Centre for Newcomers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re interested in privately sponsoring refugees, the Centre for Newcomers is hosting workshops to help you better understand how to fill out refugee sponsorship forms and how to avoid common mistakes. Please contact Boban Stojanovic, director of LGBTQ+ & Vulnerable Population Services, at email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for helping us build a safe and welcoming community.